This Blog is made by me to let the people know about this new and most popular Platform for Mobile-Android Platform. I will give you in-depth knowledge of Android Concepts. It will be Journey from basic to advanced concepts........ So hope you all will appreciate.
Android Project Compilation,Execution and Installation
So till now we got to know about the Android Project creation. Now next thing i want to keep in front of you is how android projects are compiled and executed.
Android Project Compilation,Debugging and Execution
So I will give you detailed description about this diagram.
1) First of all every Android project must have one Auto-Generated file R.java. This file contains a List of All the attributes we have used in our android Project and a Corresponding Hexadecimal Value. It also contains a Hexadecimal value of main(layout) and app_name(string). We can find this file in Project_Name/gen/package_name/R.java. This file shouldn't be removed otherwise an Android Project will not Work.
2) Secondly, this R.java file along with Application Source Code(.java Files) and Java Interfaces and alternatively .aidl files(Android Interface Definition File) are compiled with JAVA Compiler to create Class Files(Object Code).
3)After compilation step, a .dex file is created that is understandable to Dalvik Virtual Machine only( We won't use JVM here).
4) This compilation step we need not to take care of, We need to Debug this application with Apache ANT (Debug,Release) mode; generally we prefer Debug mode because this mode automatically assign Signed,align key with the Package so that it can be installed directly.If we Use Release mode , We need to manually assign the align key using Zip-align. the Debugging is done inside Root directory where build.xml file is located and command is:
5) Now apkbuilder is used to create the corresponding .apk fileand alignment and signed key is given using zipalign and now the project is ready to install on a Mobile Device or and Android Emulator.
6) To install this, go to project root directory and bin folder where your .apk file is located and type on the command line:
adb install project_name-debug.apk
So we are done with the Compiling,debugging and installation phase.
Android Architecture So The Picture Shown Above Briefly describes the architecture of Android. 1) On the Bottom Level, Linux kernel Provides the necessary Configurations and drivers and overall Management required for running android OS. Like Display driver keeps track of Resolution, Per Pixel Intensity (PPI). Camera Driver keeps track of Camera Settings like Picture Resolution, Effects etc. Flash Memory Driver takes into account of Flash Memory like ROM(for installation of OS), RAM(for Smooth Multitasking) and SD card(for storage and installation of Applications). IPC(Inter-process Communication) Diver is necessary for communication between the processes for example: you want to play an audio, then Music player process has to communicate with the Audio driver process. Keypad Driver takes care of Virtual Keypad that is used to type the data that you want to send in a Message or E-Mail. Next is WI-Fi(Wireless Fidelity) Driver that keeps track of Wireless Devices in a Particular Range. Aud…
Hello Friends, Today I want to Share with you all my Experience with the Android Platform. Android Platform is easy to understand but you must have some idea about XML and Swings. Although they are not required, but person having knowledge of these Technologies will be an added advantage in learning the concept.
Android Development Starts with following things in your mind specifically :
1) The Processing Should be Quick.
2) Start-up shouldn't take too much time. 3) It should have Multitasking Capabilities. 4) CPU Utilization should be less. 5) Graphics Performance should be Good so that you can play even HD games on it. 6) Per Pixel Intensity should be appropriate so that pictures can't get blurred. 5) Less Phone Memory should be Used, it means you must have some capability to move Apps from Phone to SD Card. This can be Done by Rooting the Phone and install one application from Android Market.Although Rooting can JailBreak Your Android Phone ; means you can lost your Manufacturer wa…